Job location: St-Bruno
In collaboration with the engineering manager, the software engineer is responsible of all activities currently performed by the software development team part of the heating ventilation & air conditioning (HVAC) system on trains and subways.
The resource will continue ongoing effort to close the documentation baseline for HVAC and related activities on several projects and will continue ongoing effort in the different projects.
Job Location will be in St-Bruno, but some support may be required at our plant in Plattsburgh, NY, USA or at the customer’s facility in New York, NY, USA or other sites within USA and Canada.
- Update and/or review technical requirement documentation, design descriptions, interface documents and test procedures/reports as per the development processes in place;
- Participate to design and documents review;
- Close Customer Letters and CDRLs;
Software team management:
- Provide directions for the software team, taking into consideration the technical documentation, requirements, customer’s input and applicable standards;
- Management of team workload in consideration of project priorities
- Develop software components following the directions of the software team lead, taking into consideration the technical documentation, requirements, customer’s input and applicable standards.
- Create and execute software and system tests;
- Support the system engineer with the HVAC system.
- Investigate problems reported from the field and maintain legacy code in order to correct bugs in the system;
- Close Technical Issues;
System Test Bench Maintenance:
- Perform maintenance and support on the BART HVAC bench test equipment software
- Update/maintain existing technical documentation and schematics
- Experience in railroad integration of systems;
- Experience in the design and integration of HVAC Software systems (Preferred);
- Experience of the IEEE 1558 Document Process
- Experience with the following software (sw) development tools:
• ControlBuild: sw development environment
• SVN: sw revision control
• Jenkins: sw automation server
• Test sequencer: BT sw test environment
• BTS: BT sw test environment
• SVTB: BT network emulator
• IBM ClearQuest database: sw development lifecycle database
• MTVD: BT embedded sw downloader